9th September : Seminar from Prof. Dennis KAPPEI

Telomere maintenance is a universal hallmark of cancers to sustain the unlimited proliferative potential. In ~85% of cancers, telomere shortening is mitigated by reactivated telomerase expression while the other ~15% use a recombination-based mechanism, termed Alternative Lengthening of Telomeres (ALT).

New publication of the team Telomere Biology

Individual cell fate and population dynamics revealed by a mathematical model linking telomere length and replicative senescence A. Rat, M. Doumic, M. T. Teixeira and Z. Xu. Progressive shortening of telomeres ultimately causes replicative senescence and is linked with aging Read more

New publication of the team Telomere Biology

« Hog1 acts in a Mec1-independent manner to counteract oxidative stress following telomerase inactivation » Bechara Zeinoun, Maria Teresa Teixeira and Aurélia Barascu Replicative senescence is triggered when telomeres reach critically short length and activate permanent DNA damage checkpoint-dependent cell cycle arrest. Read more

Bechara Zeinoun – PhD defense

“Replicative senescence-associated oxidative stress and Hog1 activation in telomerase negative Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells” directed by Dr Teresa Teixeira and Dr Aurélia Barascu.

The defense will be held at the Institute of Physico-Chemical Biology (IBPC) on December 8 at 2 p.m., at 13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie at the Edmond de Rothschild library.

Orange Day from November 22 to 29, 2023

On the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, the Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology of Eukaryotes and Sorbonne University are joining forces with UN Women’s “Orange Day” on 22 to November 29, 2023. Read more